mherger;628660 Wrote:
> > - FLAC with 24bit samplerate works now
>
> Thanks, my track is indeed playing without converting to mp3. But I'm
>
> still confused: it says "bitrate 815kbps VBR (converted to 1411kbps
> PCM)",
> and flac is running on the server. Is flac now transcoded on the server
>
> side?

Whatever happens, happens 99% on the serverside :)
SqueezePlayer will accept 8bit->24 bit samplesize and samplerates up to
48kHz (I think this is the default supported by all players?)

The server will transcode/decode to PCM and I'd expect your server to
send:
24bit * 2channels * 44.1kHz = 2067kbps ?  (don't know if the samplerate
is right - from your numbers it would only be 30kHz or my calculations
are flawed).

SqueezePlayer then just 'downsamples/upsamples' the 8bit and 24bit
samples to 16bit samples (i.e. using the last two bytes instead of all
three, or filling up with 0).
The 'white noise' bug was just that I took the wrong bytes (Big Endian
vs. Little Endian) from the 24bit pcm-stream when feeding the 16bit
Android audio system.

Didn't I read elsewere on the forums that these average bitrates are
not to be trusted anyway?

Started yesterday to checkout the libFLAC sources so will be a matter
of one or two weeks, until we don't have to care about that anymore.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.