There are many of us who feel your pain, marvt75, and vocally championed
Party Mode several years ago.  For whatever reason, Logitech never made
it a priority, which is befuddling since the Squeezebox can be the
ultimate party machine.

In any event, there is no "built in" solution to your problem. iPeng is
the only option, as far as I know, and it works rather well. Maybe one
day the folks at LT will figure out this is a useful feature that a lot
of folks want, and will include it as part of the core product. But I'm
not holding my breath....

--
GeeJay

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch...and an iPeng convert.