bluegaspode;633835 Wrote:
> Hi Mnyb,
> I wanted to spare buttons, that are not needed in everyday usage (if at
> all) for a normal user, to have a cleaner interface.
>
> How often do you change the Shuffle or Repeat mode in reality?
> What circumstances make you change these settings?
>
> And who said that I wanted to emulate SqueezePlay devices as close as I
> could?
> I only wanted to keep the menus(!) the same so that new users can adopt
> more easily and users with multiple devices don't have to think in
> different menu paradigms when operating their devices and SqueezePad
> alternating.
>
> Everything outside the menu is just about easy, intuitive and fast
> operation and open to suggestions and discussions :)

The main reason for wanting the buttons is that they also show which
shuffle or repeat mode you are in.
A controller or Touch shows that it is in track shuffle or one song
repeat via the button icon .
With your interface there is no immediate tell-tale that you are in
shuffle mode .

I usually use shuffle like this: cue up 3 to 10 album and then press
shuffle and then unshuffles before I choose to listen a single album
again, I regard this as a control like play or pause or volume  not a
setting.

I also use this if I create playlists to add albums or songs and
shuffle them before saving (OT note that SBS has a setting to save
playlist shuffled or unshuffled ).

So I use shuffle as a control

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad