Hi folks.  This is my first time posting so I would just like to say hi
from Dublin!

I have just finished ripping my cd collection to HD using XLD (Mac
ripper).  Let me say that I am a Mac person and have little knowledge
of the Windows OS.  I am also very familiar with iTunes.

So, here is the situation.  I have three locations where I would like
my music available.

A)  The recording studio.  This has an analog console and the main
speakers are ATC SCM 300s.
B)  The office.  This has a pair of Dynaudio BM6a active speakers.
C)  Home, which is next door to the studio.  Again, a pair of Dynaudio
BM6a active speakers will be in the kitchen (hopefully!).

The studio has a central machine room for computers, amps etc.  There
is an ethernet patchbay here and there are ethernet lines running to
all three of the above locations.  I was thinking of storing the HD in
the machine room and getting a Mac mini.  It is the next step I really
need help with.

The Squeezebox Touch looks like a great product with good D/A.  Running
an ethernet cable from the machine room to the studio and taking an
analog output from the Touch to feed into the console seems simple
enough.
However, I'm unsure of two things.

1.  When I run an ethernet feed to the office and connect a Touch, do I
need a volume control for the Dynaudios and if so, can someone recommend
one.  I presume the Squeezebox does not control volume?  This same
question also applies to the Dynaudios in the house.  I seem to recall
hearing about a remote, maybe that would do it?

2.  I have my heart set on not using WiFi as the ethernet is already
there.  However I do need to split the feed from the server output
(Mac) to the three destinations.  I guess a simple cat5 splitter will
do the job.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any advise.

--
Beech