I think for every SB poweruser that runs a Linux server, owns several
clients and what not, there have been moments of frustration. I all
fairness, *every* long term user of *every* product has those. I give
the SB developers kudos for always coming through in the end. *Always*.
The rough patches never seem to last too long, and never ever have
prevented me from basic music listening for more than a few minutes
(frustrating as that can be). I have been loud with, uhm, candid
feedback at times in these forums, but in the end I am still here, I am
happy, and I don't see anything more flexible and versatile in the
marketplace.

I think the SB concept is also unique in its ability to be extremely
configurable to the needs of powerusers (who then are first to discover
cornercase issues), and yet again be absolutely able to deliver on a
dumbed down, reliable user experience. Heck, I hope my mom isn't
reading this, but she uses the heck out of "her" SB Radio when she's
here for several months a year. Works like a charm for her.

I think based on the stated requirements of the OP - a Touch will do
mighty fine. I wamt a Touch, and yet in all credit to the SB concept my
collection of devices delivers on *every* need I have to this day, and I
end up canceling the Touch order and buying music or some other
non-music gadget instead...

My only fear is that I continue to think Logitech undermarkets the
product and I wonder about the long term commitment behind the
concept... then again, a unique aspect about the product is its open
source nature, and as such I think it's pretty sure it'll never die...

I somehow think we users will keep meeting in these forums for many
years to come, which is quite unique for product forums.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: MiniITX build w/Intel DH61DL & i3-2100T - Ubuntu 11.04 - SBS
7.5.4
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet (1), Radio (1), Accuphase DP65v CD
(used as DAC mostly)
Amplifiers: Accuphase E306v - Creek OBH21/22
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned) - Audioengine 5/S8 - Acoustic
Energy Aego M
Headphones: Grado SR-1