MrSinatra;636589 Wrote:
> this is EXACTLY what SBS is doing.  i guess you think thats nonsense?
>
> sbs 7.6 will do DLNA, and 7.6 can be remote controlled by your app,
> theirs, or others.  SBS is not the only server of which that paradigm
> will be true.

Yes, but what's the point about that in this discussion?
If you want to use SBS with your SBs, you don't need DLNA
And if you use DLNA, with whatever streaming client, SBS or not, you
will get lousy remote control capabilities for that client.

In none of these cases you are remotely controlling the server, not
even with SBS. With SBS the server is remotely controlling the client
(renderer), with DLNA devices it's not.

If you want to remotely control the server, for whatever reason that
should be, you need to use SSH or something.

> i don't know why you're so intent with finding fault with what i said,
> but i have said nothing wrong, nothing nonsensical.  i think you
> misconstrued my meaning at each step however.
I'm not intent with finding fault with what you say, I just don't get
the point.
I could not misconstruct any meaning since I don't understand the
meaning.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com