pippin;640130 Wrote:

> By default it will send the title, artist and album (you can of course
> edit that) and – most importantly – whenever a link is available that
> can be played (as is the case for services like Spotify, Rhapsody,
> YouTube or radio stations) that link will be sent, too. So your friends
> don’t just know, what you are listening to, they can just click the link
> and listen to it, too.

Do you know if Rhapsody has some common identity with Spotify ?
I know Spotify has some kind of support for musicbrainz id do you know
if this or something similar also is supported by Rhapsody ?

The reason is that since I have Spotify but not Rhapsody, it would be
great to be able to immediately play a Rhapsody recommendation in
Spotify.

Also, when I post a text based link to Twitter, like "Some song - Some
artist", it would be great to be able to somehow be able to use that
text when triggering a search towards Spotify. So if someone has posted
a song as text I can easily pick it up in iPeng and search for it in
Spotify and start to play it.

And when I share something in my local library to Twitter, it would be
great to have a "try to find Spotify link" option which I could select
and it would then try to find the corresponding track in Spotify and
include that in the Twitter post. This could possibly be used also for
the above Spotify vs Rhapsody problem, making it possible to search for
the Rhapsody track in Spotify Metadata API and publish both a Spotify
and Rhapsody link to Twitter.

Something that might also be of interest is to be able to share albums
and not just individual songs.

Finally, it would feel interesting to get some kind of integration to
one of these playlist sharing sites. There are a number of them but I'm
not sure which is most commonly used as it so far has been too
complicated to share playlists and listen to playlists that has been
shared through the Squeezebox.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))