erland;641232 Wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what you like to accomplish ?
> Are you having a Touch with a USB drive but want to be able to use it
> without having an Internet connection/mysqueezebox.com account, or ?

Yes, the objective is to use a USB (no external server) with the Touch.
Strangely the menus on the Touch give the option of being connected to
local -OR- being connected to Mysqueezebox.com but not both. If Touch
is connected to Mysqueezebox you can use the remote control function on
that site but because the touch is not connected local you can only play
internet radio, not the files on the USB. Pretty pointless really.

Anyways, I made the invalid assumption that this also applied to the
remote app(iphone). This assumption was reinforced by the fact that the
remote app was trying to force me to login to Mysqueezebox(why?) and
would not see the Touch on the LAN, although it eventually did (see
above).

All good now.

--
Dontz