results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88916
Question: Why do you continue to use Squeezebox ?

- I'm satisfied with the Squeezebox system, why change something that
  works good ?
- I have already invested too much in Squeezebox devices, would cost
  too much to switch
- I have just purchased a new Squeezebox and won't switch to
  something else anytime soon
- I love the 3rd party plugin/app model and would only switch to
  something else that supports this
- I would consider switching if someone offered something with
  similar functionality
- I have already started to look for something else but haven't found
  anything interesting yet
- I have already started or completed the transition to something
  else

For me, the SB system Just Works (tm) 99+% of the time. Every now and
then there are glitches, but most of the posts I see here about
connectivity problems, scanner problems, etc are completely foreign to
me (knock wood). In my view, SB is a remarkably inexpensive way to do
whole-house audio, mixing my local library with internet radio and
services like Pandora, Napster, Spotify, etc. And while it does take
some know-how for basic maintenance (ripping, tagging, updates, etc),
it's not hard for a non-techie end-user to grok. And the sound quality
is good enough that I'm pretty sure SBs are not the weakest links in my
audio chain.

I'm fortunate that I don't have a lot of sunk costs in SB equipment, as
I've only paid for 3 of my SBs (1 new SB3 and 2 second-hand SB2s). The
rest is courtesy of the hardware beta programs. So I wouldn't take a
big financial hit by switching to something else, but why go to Sonos
or other systems when what I have works fine? And I like the idea that
even if Logitech pulled the plug tomorrow, the current SBS would work
with my SBs, at least for my local collection, for a long time to
come.

Third party plugins are a really nice plus, and I'm amazed at how many
of them I use. But they're not a deciding factor for me in
keeping/dropping my SB system.
.

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it, and it's '100% wind
powered' (http://www.cleancurrents.com/). 'MSI single-core Atom
mini-desktop'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032)
(Debian Lenny 5.0.6) feeding: Living room: SB Touch > 'NAD C325 BEE'
(http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/C-325BEE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier?products/hifi-amplifiers/C325BEE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier)
> 'Vandersteen 1' (http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/1clit.html);
Kitchen/Dining: 'SB2'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20050428023747/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
(http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6)
(http://www.polkaudio.com/customaudio/rci/index.php?s=rc60i); Basement:
'SB2'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20050428023747/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
> 'JVC JA-S44'
(http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204813) > 'ESS
Tempest LS8'
(http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/205237-ess_tempest_ls_8_speakers/);
Bedroom: Boom; Study: SB Radio; Backyard deck: 'SB Receiver'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20080124175538/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
> 'AudioSource Amp100'
(http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6)
> 'Polk Atrium 45'
(http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/atrium/index.php#atrium45); Kid's
bedroom: 'SB3'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051210015952/http://slimdevices.com/)
> 'Klipsch ProMedia 2.0'
(http://www.klipsch.com.cn/na-en/products/promedia-ultra-2-0-overview/);
Roaming controllers: iPod touch with iPeng, 3 'SB Duet'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20080124175538/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
Controllers, 'Nokia N800'
(http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n800-r6); Limbo:one
more 'SBR'