JJZolx;642721 Wrote:
> The other thing I find about using ReplayGain, even worse than my
> disappointment with its effectiveness, is that it makes listening to
> internet radio very inconvenient. Virtually every RG tag in my library
> is a negative value, with most somewhere between -5 and -7dB. When
> internet radio is played it BLASTS on all three systems, forcing me to
> run around the house turning everything down. If I want to switch back
> to local library listening, it's the reverse. I listen to internet
> radio much less since setting RG on my Squeezeboxes.
Completely agree. Even services like Napster and Last.FM stream their
tracks un-normalised (or using a value different to the standard 89db),
meaning you still need to adjust your volume control regularly.

--
simbo

*lounge:* receiver; *dining room:* boom; *garden:* classic; *bedroom:*
boom; *anywhere:* controller, squeezecommander, android squeezeplayer
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/buggle52)