Marc D.Field Wrote:
> maybe 4x as much music takes *far* more than 4x as much time to scan...
It's possible. I went over the MP3 tag scanning code and, while some of
it may be "improveable", the performance numbers weren't all that bad.
Dean wrote me that he thinks the "scanning performance problem" isn't
really in the scanning code but may be in the database back end.
Depending on how the database works (and I don't know anything about
that part of the code), it could be considerably less than linear.

I said I would benchmark whether it's the database or the MP3 scanning
code that's so slow in a week or so. Unfortunately, that's probably
going to take another week longer than I thought.

(long story short, my girlfriend's spa is taking longer to open than we
thought, and I have to help out).

--
Michaelwagner