I spent many years of bouncing between free choices with varying luck
(AVG once bricked a PC after quarantining a key Win file). About six
months ago I bought Norton with multi-PC licenses and can't believe the
difference.

I'm very happy with the resulting performance and capabilities.  Their
tech support is great and I've had far fewer problems of use that with
the others, and I tried most of them. I'm not sure what I thought I was
accomplishing by avoiding the ones with a license fee, the cost was very
modest. Even if the renewal is more, I'll gladly pay it.

--
Goodsounds