Cipro;647678 Wrote:
>  <snip> I picked the wrong horse...im mad and sad...and frustrated..
>
> I picked Betamax..VHS won...

I've been with this kit since the first Squeezebox and currently have
five Squeezebox 3s and a Touch. I came to the same conclusion as you
some time ago. I don't install beta versions of Squeezecenter* but I do
install released versions just to maintain support. Every time I install
one something or other seems to go wrong.

(*I made an exception with 5.6.1 after looking at the posts on here.)

The only thing that has stopped me jumping ship is that wireless in
this house, even with repeaters, is horrible. I'm sitting here looking
once again at the Squeezebox displaying the track information for the
song it just played rather than the one it's currently playing. Moose
is displaying the same incorrect information. Reinstalling Squeezebox
Server, rescanning, rebooting have made no difference, the display is
off in a few hours.  I think I'm finally going to give Sonos a try as
I'm sick of battling with Squeezebox, I want something that just
works.

As I typed this the Squeezebox switched to the correct track, it must
know it's time has come and has implemented counter measures! But what
is this 'Coming up next' rubbish that always says 'Mariliion' even
though it isn't?

Kevin

(This won't mean anything to non-UK residents but I bought Squarial as
well!)

--
kweller

I'm old enough to know better but don't