For me, at least, a mix is produced, but it isn't displayed in the left
window. Instead, there's a title: -Home > [track you mixed on] MusicIP
Mix-. Beneath that is -All Songs-. If you hover over this, you get the
symbols for play/add/remove.
I'm not sure if not showing all the individual tracks in the MusicIP
mix is a bug; I think it is, and was going to start a thread around
that issue.

I have no idea what the issue with not finding multiple players is all
about. I have only classic players (and squezeslave) and they all got
found. You'll probably get better results either starting a separate
topic or posting in the '7.6 issues' thread.
You should have no problem re-installing 7.5. I tried the 7.6 betas
repeatedly, and went back to 7.5 each time. No problems. Just remember
that you need to uninstall 7.6 (no 'upgrading' to an earlier version)

--
bobkoure