I tried asking about this in the Ripping list, but got no responses, so I
thought I'd open it up to a wider audience...

What do people think the best way is to tag tracks such as "Twista feat Kanya
West & Jamie Foxx"?

I currently have a few of these tracks with the whole string entered in a
single ARTIST tag.  I'd like to tag them as separate artists, with associated
ARTISTSORT tags.

Eg. I could enter the example above as:

        ARTIST = "Twista;Kanya West;Jamie Foxx"
        ARTISTSORT = "Twista;West, Kanya;Foxx, Jamie"

I think this is a little better.  However, this would mean I am losing the
information that associates the 2nd and 3rd atists as "featuring" artists;
browsing the entry would list the artist as "Twister and Kanya West and Jamie
Foxx".  I wondered if there is a tag for listing the "featuring" artists?  I've
seen an INVOLVEDPERSONS tag - but I guess there's no specific support for the
tag in SlimServer, or an associated SORT tag.

Perhaps as an enhancement, a special character after the separator character
could indicate to SlimServer to use "feat." instead of "and" as separator text?
 Eg. something like ARTIST = "Twista;+Kanya West;Jamie Foxx"

I'm also thinking that the featured artists shouldn't be listed in Browse
Artists, unless they are also in the library as an "album artist" - like how
teh new various artist logic works.

What should I do?  How have others organised their tags?

Phil