dean Wrote:
> Ok, so this is a new bit of information that needs to be tagged. Would
> this tag mean "keep songs with this tag that are sequential in an album
> together and never play them out of sequence"?
Well, "never" is a long time. :-)

I think if I select a specific song in a playlist and select a specific
other one to come next, slim should obey me and not the "tag".

OTOH, if I select random play, slim should consider them as a pair,
like those t-shirts "I came with him", "I came with her".

> Would it also mean "if you play one of these, make sure you play them
> all"?I hadn't considered more than pairs, but I suppose one could devise a
generalized mechanism. Sometimes a song has an intro, the song, and an
outro (I hate that word).

Listen to Jook Joint Intro, Let the Good Times Roll and Killer Joe,
from Q's Jook Joint. They go together. When I DJ, I just play Killer
Joe. But for casual listening, they go together in that sequence. (and
by the way, this is a place where seamless playback would be
important). It's partly a property of the track, but also a function of
what my listening intent is. I'm not sure where the data structure
should lie, but I'm pretty sure only a part of it lives in the track
itself.

> It reminds me of the old index numbers for CDs that were finer grain
> than track numbers.  My first CD player had this, but I don't think I
> ever had a CD that actually used them.I don't remember that. What were they
> supposed to do? Were they like
queue points? Maybe there's something to be learned from that design.

--
Michaelwagner