After actually reading your posted Zune+Sonos link, this sounds like one
big *kludge* to me.

Here are some great quotes from your posted thread link regarding Sonos
"supporting" Zune:
http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=8666

“However, I have found that you indeed do need to refresh the DRM
rights on each Zune Pass subscription song after it expires every month
by playing it in the Zune Software. A bit of a pain to play over 5000
tracks just to renew the license. Oh well.”

“my zune pass tracks would be under a separate menu from my non-drm
tracks on the controller? So this means if I want to play a particular
album, for example, I would need to remember whether it is a drm track
or not before finding it in the controller?”

“Unfortunately, Sonos doesn't support the .zpl playlists yet but I
remain hopeful for it to be included in the next upgrade.”

“there's no power scroll and a couple other nits, but apparently that's
a limitation on the MS side.”

“The tracks from the Zune Store have DRM on them and require a PC
running Windows Media Player 11 to play the downloaded tracks.”

“Rhapsody and Napster offer streaming services as well as track
purchasing options. The Zune Marketplace only provides the purchase
option (including the Zune Pass).”

--
toby10