staresy;658105 Wrote:
> Currently I download artwork from the web, import it into photo shop,
> resize it to 300x300 and save it at medium resolution with a file name
> of image.jpg

Why "image.jpg"? Squeezebox Server recognizes cover.jpg and folder.jpg
by default.

I do something similar, but use FastStone Image Viewer, which is mostly
an image viewer, with some common image editing features added. Pretty
lightweight, so it launches quickly and resizing, cropping, and
adjusting things like contrast and brightness are easy.

I'd seriously reconsider resizing to 300x300 unless you need those
images to be loaded onto a portable with very little memory. Even if
you're embedding them into MP3 files, a 200kB image is a fraction of a
5MB MP3 file. Displays are only going to get larger and higher in
resolution, so I'd consider 500x500 or 600x600 to be a minimum.

> Easy enough but a bit labourious. Has anyone got a macro or exe that I
> can run, point to the jpeg to be processed and it will do all the work
> for me?

You're never going to get the quality that doing by hand gives you. If
you need to tweak brightness or contrast, or need to crop, say, a
625x600 pixel image down to 600x600, then you can't do that with an
automated script.

--
JJZolx