kolepard Wrote:
> >the internal 3.3v switching supply has been replaced with a linear
> supply.
>
> Can someone more knowledgeable than I tell me if this is a
> significant change or not?  I know there have been some occasional
> noise issues that have been attributed intermittently to the power
> supply in the past.
>
> .

A number of folks, including myself, replaced the wall-wart power
supply on the SB2 with a linear power supply, and the results were a
positive impact on the sound quality.  I use the SB2 only via the
digital out to an external DAC, and I found that the linear power
supply reduced some sibilance and harshness I was getting in the
sound...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.