We just got a SonyEricsson Xperia Mini Pro generation II Android phone.
Running the official Logitech android app it is just the perfect remote
control. I've got two Duet controllers to compare with.

The Mini Pro is small enough to carry with you at all times, and it has
an excellent keyboard for search etc. The only disadvantage is the
screen orientation of the official Logitech android app seems to be
portrait exclusively. Would be nice if it went into landscape
automatically when opening the keyboard on the Xperia Mini Pro.

The previous generation called X10 Mini Pro is on sale everywhere.
Quite cheap, and ought to be just as useful, although the screen is
plastic. Could be worth the money just as a remote, even if you don't
need it as a phone.

I'm also hoping the new i'M Watch, which is a Bluetooth and Wifi
compatible (at least according to the write ups on various blogs)
digital watch running Android 1.6 will be able to run Squeeze Commander
on its 240x240 1.54 inch screen. Won't even need a phone to control your
Squeezebox anymore. Of course searching will be rather stifling on that
device.

Now why did I get those two Squeezebox Duet remotes?

--
Gadgety1