I've enjoyed my SB3 for years... But now I'm stuck.  HELP!

Problem: SB3 'talks' fine with SBS /LMS --- it makes wireless
connection, menus all work... Basically everything is great except that
the selected song will not play / stream; progress bar is stuck at zero
and time remaining is stuck at total time for the track.  Viewed
through the web controller on PC, the song is playing to completion and
advancing to next track.  Seems like some kind of port or protocol
issue, but I don't know how that differs for the control functions
(which work) and the audio stream (which doesn't work).  Problem exists
for locally served music and for internet.  Just for clues, I tried my
BD player which is networked through SB3 to wireless -- it does not see
internet connectivity.

Supporting info: Power Converter failed last week and was replaced just
prior to having this problem; perhaps irrelevant, but full disclosure.
Also, despite the fact that I should know better, after seeing that the
new converter brought the SB3 back to life I allowed the server to
update to latest version (7.7.1) before playing music.  Realizing that
new server SW could be a factor, I uninstalled and loaded 7.7.0
assuming that was previously installed version.  Most recently I've
reverted to SBS 7.6.1, but they all act the same relative to the stated
problem.

Any suggestions from those who may have seen this would be much
appreciated.  Thx.

--
DaveAZ