On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 02:32 -0700, ultra238a wrote:
> With reference to the 64Mb memory in the TS-101. I have had 5x
> Squeezeboxes streaming different MP3 files from the box without any
> problems.
>
> Both the web interface and the Squeezebox interface are very responsive
> and work quickly.
>
> FLAC files play fine also.
>
> Paul
> Progressive Consumer Electronics Ltd

The issue with memory is not rally how many players are streaming
at a time, but the size of the library. (Is this still true with
mySQL, or is the memory usage now independent of library size?)

When you were doing your testing, how many songs were in the
library?

For instance, my library has 6500 songs in it, and slimserver
(under Linux FC2) is using 74MB with no players playing. Adding
three players playing Flac adds only 1.5MB to the memory
usage.

Given that some of the 64MB of memory will be used by general
linux/drivers etc, and presumably some of it acts as a cache
for the NAS, only a part of the memory will be available to
slimserver.

--
"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that
was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the