maggior;681523 Wrote:
> Sadly, the Kindle Fire seems to be a better squeezebox controller and
> player than an eReader.
>
> Cheers!

It is what it is. I bought my wife a Kindle Touch, as she found the
backlighting very tiring. And I must also admit that extended reading
on the Fire is annoying (but I borrow her Touch for the occasional B&W
read session). But a lot of what I read is technical pdf's which
contain a lot of color charts/graphics and for that it is invaluable --
and something that the Touch just can't do. Plus the ability to surf the
'net, control my Squeezebox, watch videos, on a screen size that makes
it much more portable than an iTampon, all for $199?  No brainer.

--
NFLnut