towelhound;684376 Wrote:

> I think for now I will just set  my computer (recentish Mac Mini
> running Ubuntu) to stay on 24/7.

Other than my iphone I am not that apple, but do Mac's not have the
equivalent service like WOL (Wake On Lan) that Windows users have.

My LMS runs on my Quad Core Vista beast in my office, it goes to sleep
after an hours non use, but a quick power up on any of my squeeze
devices and it fires up.  I also have it in one of those smart power
strips too, so it is like Bagpuss (UK folks know what I mean) so when
it goes to sleep all it's friends goto sleep too. :-)

--
Blisteringblue

'What am I listening to?' (http://www.last.fm/user/blisteringblue)

1 x Boom, 1 x Receiver, 1 x iPhone iPeng