* docbee shaped the electrons to say...

Dan, I don't use iTunes, maybe that's the reason why I don't understand.
Do you really mean that the number of albums and artists does change in
the database without doing a rescan? I had the impression that the only
way to get things in/out is by initiating a rescan and therefore the
stats computing should clearly be related to this function. But may be
I didn't get it...

I was using iTunes as an example of what people compare album counts, etc to.

The data doesn't change without a rescan / adding new music via Browse Music
Folder.

However - we have dynamic views on that data. If a user doesn't want to
display any Composers in their artist list, that's a setting that can be
changed. The Artist count number will now need to go down.

Same thing for the new Various Artists albums - that's all dynamic against the
database.

-D
--
<dr.pox> what're the units of the coefficient of agnosticity? I don't knows per
hour?