OK, so I have copied the iTunesUpdate.pl file from the LMS cache folder
onto my laptop into the iTunes folder, and copied the iTunes_Hist.txt
file from the playlists folder there as well.

I have created a .bat file with the following;

C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "C:\Users\Matthew\My Music\iTunes\iTunesUpdate.pl"
iTunes_Hist.txt

(C:\Music\iTunes\ being the path of the Windows data files and
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe being the path of the perl installation, but it's
not updating. I get the CMD window pop up but quickly close. What am I
doing wrong? Have I got the right idea and just using the wrong script?

Presumably the iTunesUpdate.pl won't change, so what I'd like to do is
be able to set up a script on the laptop to point to the
iTunes_Hist.txt on the LMS but update on the laptop, and set it to
schedule so it runs periodically.

Should the iTunes_Hist.txt be purged when it does update?

--
Finchy