My system consists of a smartQ tablet running ubuntu 9.04 and LMS 7.7.2.
The music library is located on a Verbatim 16 GB usb plugged into my
Huawei router Home Gateway.

It all works pretty well - a slight initial hesitation in accessing
streams, but that's acceptable. Once an album is playing, there's no
stutter, etc. The whole kaboodle runs across wifi.

No problems accessing music library via Touch, running a live radio
stream on Radio, and streaming live TV via XBMC, and using a netbook
for surfing, all at the same time.

The smartQ tablet is always on (very low power consumption) - scanning
new tracks is a bit slow - but acceptable.

The supplementary hardware is listed in my sig.

--
castalla

1 Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers - 2
duff ears - purfek!
1 Logitech Radio + remote - purfek!