I have about 3,000 CDs. They never get played - when I play my music I
stream it from a hard drive to the hi-fi.

At the moment CDs are displayed on shelves. But they're starting to look
so old fashioned, and I could use the space to display something more
interesting and beautiful. The CDs are, quite frankly, neither use nor
ornament.

I've kept them because, at the back of my mind, is the idea that they're
potentially a valuable back up to the hard drive. But this line of
thinking may be specious. I already have one back up on disc. It would
be cheap and easy to create a second or even a third.

The CDs must be worth many many thousands of pounds.

What should I do? Keep them stored on the walls? Store them in boxes in
the loft, where they may be difficult to access? Sell them? Or what?