For some reason I suddenly remembered Orange Squeeze this evening so I
went to market and installed it.  I am just comparing with
SqueezeCommander which I have used for some time.

The first thing I like about Orange Squeeze is that it used the Android
native widgets so it looks similar to other parts of Android.  It also
looks to work in some ways like the media player on ICS.  So far it
looks good - it has done most of the things I wanted.  I am still
getting used to it - I have the relationship of the screens in
SqueezeCommander in my head and I have yet to get to that point with
Orange Squeeze.

The only drawback I have found so far is that search seems to be
offloaded to the server.  If the server is fast this may be a good thing
but if the server is not fast then local searching as done by
SqueezeCommander is faster.