Sounds like they've been too clever by half!  Shame. Great station...

--
Neil

"Steve Bernard, Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On 10/27/05, Steve Baumgarten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Neil Cameron wrote:
>
> > I want to access Paste Radio via Slimserver - it's on
> > http://www.accuradio.com/paste/.
> > But the stream URL appears to be very well hidden; does anone know how
> > get it to work?
>
> In the past people here have mentioned URL Snooper:
>
> http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/

Okay, I've just given this a try and sniffed my network connection
while tracks were playing, and it looks like Paste doesn't provide a
single continuous stream, but rather it selects a new track once the
previous track is finished.  That's how it allows for the listener to
select artists he or she doesn't want to hear.

For example, when Paste Radio was playing Radiohead's "No Surprises",
I used URL Snooper and came up with only these four multimedia URLs:

rtsp://209.133.33.251/ss/radiohead_nosurprises.wma
rtsp://209.133.33.251/ss/radiohead_nosurprises.wma/audio;Seq=2416
rtspt://209.133.33.251/ss/radiohead_nosurprises.wma
mms://209.133.33.251/ss/radiohead_nosurprises.wma

It seems to me that without implementing Paste's track selection code,
you can only play single tracks.  I guess if you snoop for a long
time, you could build up a pretty large list of tracks they offer and
make your own playlist, but that doesn't seem to be what you're after.

-Steve