Mnyb wrote:
> otherwise it should work if the whole network is on the same network and
> subnet , well it could work in more complicated circumstances if one as
> some networking skills and other geek powers .
>
> But Garys piont is a concern many free network have such limits and
> could have others like strict firewalls , all UDP ports blocked or
> similar .

Well I do have a little bit of geek power but the last thing I want to
do on wedding day is spend hours messing around with networks settings
:-)

The point about having to log in is a good one as it the one about
certain traffic restrictions.

We're visiting the venue on Saturday so I'll take some kit with me to
perform some experiments. Ideally I can just plug in my router and get
the range I need but seeing as it's an old house with 1m thick wall that
might be a bit hopeful.

I'll report back next week.

Thanks