To elaborate further (this assumes your server is running on windows ie.
can use EventGhost))

I use the Zoom Player plugin to listen on:
Host: localhost
Port: 9090
to get iPeng/LMS web interface inputs

Then I take the payloads received to trigger actions to my AV equipment

example - Then EventGhost: Python Command "eg.event.payload
==[u'00%3A04%3A20%3A00%3A00%3Aa1 prefset server power 1']" - if
successful execute macro to turn on amp

I believe you could then send HTTP commands as detailed in this post
(have not used this but it sounds like what you are looking for)
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3226

I use this system to control my amp power, input selection and volume
levels and it works very well. The only difference being i am using
serial commands to control my equipment rather than HTTP.