Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
Music Machine wrote:

I also have a surplus linear supply from Hosfelt.  I found out about it
from a thread on Audio Circle.  This one:
http://audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=21353&sid=05b43e8be27824d18ca43cdfe058f6ab
The last post on the first page tells you how to find it.  It's about
$10 less expensive than the elpac and looks like a much better design. I plugged this supply in during the AM radio test and didn't notice any
problem.  I've not tried this supply with the Squeezebox yet because
the connector needs to be replaced.  That's the nice thing about the
elpac, it's plug'n play.

Well I just ordered the Hosfelt 56-534 mentioned in that thread as well.
It looks like a nice heavy duty linear PS from the pics plus it's not a
wall wart.  We will see in a few weeks if it does the trick.

Well I hooked up the Hosfelt supply; and what a difference.  On
the AM dial all power supply interference is basically gone.
I am getting a bit of noise on some stations generated by the
SB2 itself.  Could be the wireless circuitry, display, internal
switchers, etc.  In any event it is much more acceptable, and
luckily the AM station I listen most to is completely quite.
Only down side is that Hosfelt hoses you on the shipping and handling.
The power supply was $7, plus a $5 handling fee, plus $15 freight
(almost *double* the actual postage of ~$8), totalling $27.  Probably
still worth it though.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe