When it comes to networking, I have that 'dangerous' amount of knowledge
- enough knowledge to set up something reasonably complicated, but not
enough always knowledge to fix it when it goes wrong :)

What I have done is used a netgear access point to extended my wireless
coverage but setting it up as a wireless bridge (with client
association). Basically what I have read tells me this is better than
repeater mode. Same SSID etc for seemless extension. Generally it works
well, however when my iPhone is connected through the bridge it can not
see my server (touch). Same problem with the logitech app. Can anyone
tell me why, and how to fix it? Thanks.