Excuse me if I've been out of the loop... I update my server computer
pretty infrequently.

I'm an owner of an original Squeezebox from something like 10 years ago.
I recently upgraded the hardware in my filserver computer, which also
works as the media server for the Squeezebox.  It's been 4-6 years since
this has last happened, and I don't update software on my server unless
it's a security issue, so I'm sure I've missed quite a few versions of
the server software.  Upon install of the latest version of the server
software, it's asking me to login to something.

I've never had to login to anything, and I have some questions regarding
this login:

1) Why am I needing to login to play my own music?

2) Will this login be required every time someone tries to access port
9000 on my server? or is this a one time thing?  My kids and wife
frequently use the web interface from various network enabled devices
throughout the house (phone, computer, tablet, etc..) to play music on
the Squeezebox, so I need to know if I need to pick a user / pass that a
4 year old can remember or if I need to pick one that's actually
secure.

3) If I decide that the old server software suited my needs, and choose
not to use this login enabled version,  is there an older version of the
server software available somewhere?  My file server computer is using a
debian derivative linux distro.

Thanks for any help,
--  Conc