DareVanReed wrote:
> hi ralphy,
>
> i'm having exactly the same issue as described before, over multiple
> versions of everything. i compiled like you said, and i get the same
> MSG_NOSIGNAL on the debug of slimproto. what information can i provide
> about my build that might help you troubleshoot?

hi again, some progress to report. i still have the ACL888 card split
into 4 stereo pairs, and was still experiencing the stalling issue until
last week. i compiled again from the newest trunk, made no modifications
to the makefile, copied the bin over, and restarted my slaves. that was
6 days ago, and the slaves have never stopped responding to play
requests, even when a playlist ends and isn't stopped (which is what was
happening previously). so, at the moment, i don't have amplifiers or
speakers hooked up to the other stereo pairs, but i'm going to assume
they're ok now too. to summarize, i now have a squeezeslave attached to
my kitchen speakers which has been functioning correctly for nearly a
week, at time of writing :D

i'm not sure what changed internally in the code between the two
versions, but everything seems to be ok now for me, so i'm happy.

thanks again for the brilliant little daemon, ralphy.

Code:

  root@tucker:~# squeezeslave -V
  squeezeslave 1.2-369 Aug 22 2012 16:53:10
  compile flags: linux portaudio:1834 debug signals interactive daemon renice
  buffer sizes: decoder 2097152 output 2822400 bytes

  Copyright 2004-2012 Richard Titmuss, Duane Paddock.