Hi!

I know your post is almost three years old, but you never know..

I also would like to use a relay for this purpose!
My idea is to let a script run in the background that checks the
powerstate of the player (squeezeplay) on the server via CLI.
If the powerstate of the player is on, the relax should turn on the
amplifier, otherwise it should turn it off.

I am building a raspberry pi with squeezeplay into an old radio. Because
i am using a raspberry-pi, i need to use an USB relay.
I am very interested in your schematics and the program to control the
relay.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Robbe