I reported intermittent playback with 6.2 in another thread. Well using
the remote was one of the thinsg that provoked the problem. It even
happened once last night with 6.1.1. I had been lying on the couch
listening for about a half hour. I then wanted to know what track was
playing. I had shut off the laptop, so I picked up the remote and
pressed 'Now Playing'. All hell then broke loose. The music stopped and
then came back intermittently, a quick sample every few seconds. The
display on the SB2 became corrupt. One of the things displayed was
'Cannot connect to SlimServer'. I powered up the laptop and was unable
to connect to SlimServer. The quick snatches of music were continuing
all the while. I went upstairs to the server machine. SlimServer was
still running but 20 minutes later it still had not recovered its
composure.

Seems that uninstalling and then going back to 6.1.1 (and reloading the
old firmware) has not cured all the problems introduced by 6.2.

--
technobear

Chris

Arcam CD192 and SB2 >> ATC SIA2-150 >> Dynaudio Contour 1.1 and REL
Storm III