gharris999 wrote:

> Start our own forum/wiki somewhere?

As I've posted elsewhere, I have no plans to move to something else
until I can't do with my SB stuff, what I can do today. And in fact I've
bought a couple of players to add to the backup units I already had.
However, I've been a bit concerned about this "forum" issue since
logitech started the "official' forums at:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/bd-p/squeezeboxplayers

I have a couple of concerns. First is that it would really be a shame to
lose the ability to search this forum. I've learned a tremendous amount
on this forum. But once the forum is gone, I suspect there is no easy
way to "port" the threads and history to a new location/owner. A shame.

Second, I too am hopeful that they'll keep this forum alive for a
reasonable length of time. But it also seems (as has happened with other
products/forums) that we will NOT get some sort of warning about future
closing. I suspect the end of this forum will simply be clicking on the
link one day and getting a "site not found" from your browser. So I
ponder where we remaining "squeezenuts" gather on the web to regroup.
It reminds me of being a small kid at the Texas State Fair and my
parents telling me that if I get lost, we should plan to meet at the
foot of Big Tex (a giant statue in the middle of the fair grounds).   So
where will our "Big Tex" be located on the web. I see some of you
posting at vortexbox, the official logitech forums, or even mp3tag or
dbpa. But those forums are not really replacements for a
squeezebox-centric discussion.