I looked into both Olive and MusicCast before coming to SB.  Both
systems were:
-  closed source
-  limited features
-  almost no customization
-  very limited offered services / subscriptions
-  minimal codec support
-  big, clunky, ugly boxes (worse than Sonos ;))
-  no "players" to utilize the main units library/services (I think
MusicCast did eventually add these later, before dropping the whole
line)
-  both were WAY overpriced

Olive is essentially an overpriced VortexBox with fewer features.

MusicCast is so closed source you couldn't even backup your library
without "special" software from Yamaha.  To simply upgrade the MusicCast
HDD required sending the entire unit to a Yamaha service center (or an
unauthorized third party) to again run special Yamaha proprietary
software to transfer the HDD data to another HDD.  This service cost
hundreds (not including the cost of the HDD itself) and took weeks.
Yamaha would only allow "their" HDD's be used, which were off the shelf
HDD's that Yamaha marked up over 100% above mfr list price.