castalla wrote:
> Seems bizarre - not blocked via PC but locked via mysb.com!
>
> I still can't find any listings for CBC On Demand ...

I did have a conversation with a CBC guy. They have definitely
geo-fenced the CBC Music streams ( the 40 odd channels of various music
genres), but have not done so for the live radio streams.  I was sure
that they hadn't geo-genced the Concerts On Demand, these are now being
handled in a different way than they used to be.  The old OPML files
which were distributed a while back don't work any more.

I just obtained the URL for the first song of the Kate McGarrigle
tribute concert.  I can play this from within the SB system, after
saving it to favourites, so unless it's geo-fenced it should be
available to anyone.  the URL is:

http://static.music.cbc.ca/v2/concerts/3/3795/tracks/Kiss-And-Say-Goodbye.mp3?r=0.2866975236684084

I have not figured out a way to play the whole concert from a single
URL.  However, you can create a playlist that can be played in a
continuous form, and all the tracks could be added to a single
playlist.

Interested to find if folks outside of Canada can access this via
favorites in SB.

Ron

R.