epoch1970 wrote:
> Raspberry Pi et al. … I don't know. I don't want to own a super-duper
> player in a sandwich box, if you see what I mean.
I agree entirely - the last thing we want in our living rooms is some
hideous-looking geekbox. But the point about using a Pi is that it would
be a purely digital transport and can be hidden away out of sight. It
could be partnered with an attractive USB DAC. Come to think of it, even
the DAC needn't be on show.

epoch1970 wrote:
> I care very much about sync, and I don't see how sync can be achieved
> outside a deterministic, hence probably dedicated, platform.
Of course sync has to work. Are you saying that sync doesn't work well
in Squeezeplay? I thought that a SB Touch was essentially Squeezeplay
running on a Linux device. And Pi is a Linux device, too - so in
principle why should it be any different?