I haven't tried the UE up/downgrade route ... but from what I've read &
understand the UE Radio route seems a smart move by Logi.  It seems
they've simplified the user experience, both in terms of getting up and
running and use.  This just reflects the reality of the general user
ecosystem - people just want to buy a box, plug it in and use it -
without hours of configuration and geeky tweeking!

So far, internet radios are just too geek focussed to become a general
consumer item - believe me, some users still think the FM frequency of a
station has some role to play.

Of course, the enthusiasts are going to see this move as treachery ...
but as long as Logi keep mysb.com running, then why complain about a new
product line?

On the other hand, I do generally belong to the 'If it ain't broke, dont
fix it' tendency.  However, I'll recommend the UE Radio as a viable
option for others wishing to switch from other internet radio services.
If it works as well as the current Radio, or maybe better, then it's a
runner in my book.