GeeJay wrote:
> It would have to retain the ability to run random playlists based on a
> variety of factors, such as genres, years, ratings, etc. I would have to
> be able to control it with a full functioning remote or iPhone app such
> as iPeng. ReplayGain support and cross fade are important as well (I
> haven't checked yet to see if these exist on the UE platform).  [...]

I would like to have a rating functionality in the control device (as
Trackstat allows in LMS while playing a song). Everything else you
mentioned seems to be feasible on DLNA-based setups with a decent
UPNP/DLNA server ("dynamic folders" as in Twonky or Asset) and some
control software available for Android or IOS platforms.

Right now, I am looking into LINN hardware for highend-rendering (to
replace my Transporter and preamp) and into a simple DLNA capable radio
to replace my Boom.

What I did not yet find in the LINN ecosystem is the rating
functionality while playing a song for any of the control applications
(besides the server based music library management applications).