What could they actually say? There _IS_ no good answer to this, the
only thing they can actually do is to _ACT_ in a way that reassures the
customers but since - in this case - this involves the
not-really-short-term-action of "keeping around MySB for another few
years, delivering more updates for legacy hardware and keeping on fixing
bugs" it will only show results in months or even years.

That's the problem with reputation and customer confidence, it can only
be earned in the long term, you can't earn it with talk. Both Logitech
and us here can't expect that.

But still I think it's a good sign that he did write because it _does_
carry at least one message: we hear you - and that means I would not
care about where to voice opinions. Whether it's on the "official" forum
or this one: if you care about your customers' opinions as a manager,
you will search for it, you will not filter it out by whether it's
coming in through "official" channels. And if you don't care, it doesn't
matter anyway.