bluegaspode wrote:
> They did that test with an iPhone, didn't they?
> Doubt that iPeng could prevent that? :D

Never underestimate the power of the penguin!

I wonder when somebody will build a phone that actually does not blend,
just as a marketing gag. Might be pretty hard, though.

kidstypike wrote:
> How often does it need mowing?
>
> No, scrap that one ... I've got it!
>
> When does it hit the app store?

:) If I knew that, I would already hold it back.
http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/
I submitted it yesterday, so based on that trend there's a chance it
sees the store next weekend if all goes well. If not, then probably
sometime until the weekend thereafter.

But no, that's not the question. I'm happy if nobody asks, because the
answer would be "unfortunately not, maybe with iOS 7...."

alexj700 wrote:

> Could we be able to watch covers in the folders mode? I can see covers
> of CDs in almost all views into the app, except in "folders" mode,
> despite all folders have "folder.jpg" inside it...

No, as much as I would love to see that. There is no artwork info for
folders. I briefly considered drilling down into the folder and grab the
first artwork I find but the performance of the server is so bad that
that would risk bringing the whole thing down on some systems and
certainly causing stuttering playback with bigger folders on all
systems.
There's already an issue when just using the CLI API to play a whole
folder so that I had to optionally introduce the "native" folder mode
which doesn't show artwork at all.

The problem is that whenever you browse into a folder, that folder gets
scanned, if you do that on a lot of folders to retrieve artwork, it's
like doing a full rescan on the server process while using the server at
the same time.