Quoting erland <erland.5jy...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> on Thu, Oct 04
21:27:

> If it's related to my plugins, you will find some ideas in the following
> thread:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96124-Erland-s-Plug-ins-Large-Collections-and-Hardware-Requirements

I knew I forgot something important; the hardware is a beefy, lightly
loaded home server. It is a Xeon E31275 @ 3.40GHz (so 4 cores, 8 threads)
with 16GB of RAM. My primary disk, the one that stores the cache is an
Intel 510 SSD. I was thinking I was I/O bound so I moved the cache to a
RAM disk but that did not speed it up at all, so it is not an I/O issue.

I'll dig through that thread and post the debug info when I get a chance.
It sounds like turning off `musicbrainz tags' and maybe `Startup refresh'
and `Rescan refresh' would solve the issue. I don't often re-arrange
my music, but I would hate to lose the ratings if/when I do.

Do you still support MySQL, or it it SQLite only now?

Has anyone had ever set the page_size PRAGMA for SQLite? I am tempted
to bump that to 16k, which with cache_size = 20000 would give 312MB of
cache. I have the RAM, might as well use it.

It it worth moving from 7.7.3 to 7.8? The changelog looks fairly
small.

Thanks