banned for life wrote:
> The question was about using my music remotely.
>
> Is the Apple TV hardware locked to your location (or your Apple
> Account?)
>
> It's a question of whether the device allows playback from any location.
As far as I know the Apple TV can play back your music collection
anywhere you like (assuming power, Internet and a display) but this is
using iTunes Match, not Airplay. So (a) you'd need to subscribe to
iTunes Match, and (b) playback would be at 256 kbps AAC (I think), no
matter what format or quality your source files back at home were. And
because it's not Airplay I think you would need a display in order to
operate the Apple TV.