Sorry to say we other squeezebox user tend drive the price up on the
used market .

Suitable replacement is "Squeezebox Touch" "Squeezebox 3" (the exact
same machine as Squeezebox  Classic but made before Logitech takeover
and branded slimdevices ) "Squeezebox 2" the exact same design as SB3
but in older box and different colour on the display .
You could use a duet (squeezebox reciever + controller handset ) duet is
not my favourite squeezebox it's a bit awkward to setup and smartphones
and tablets have essentially made the controller obsolete , but you can
set up the receiver and put the controller in a box , and use your phone
from there on .

SB1 is not as useful any more a bit limited functionality .

Ebay , there have been a bunch of store demo SB3's for sale they are
really not user salvageable , they run a special demo software :-/ avoid
one of those