ralphy wrote:
> New version ' r158 available on googlecode'
> (http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/SqueezePlay-7.8.0r158.dmg)
> which automatically uses the default sound device from system
> preferences, if both the USEPADEVICE and USEPAHOSTAPI environment
> variables are NOT set.  See post#1 for details.

Ralphy

Perfect!  My Mac mini is connected via USB to the same DAC that I use
for my Touch.  When the DAC isn't powered up the default sound output
reverts to some other device, but when I power up the DAC it switches
over automatically.  Restarting Squeezeplay is then all it takes for it
to pick up the new default output device.

This one change is enough to make this mainstream now in my opinion.  A
simple standalone app with no need for tweaking anything.  Great work.

Switching back and forth between Squeezeplay and a synced Touch they're
indistinguishable.  Kind of makes the Touch redundant now, since my Mac
is always on and runs my LMS.  I guess the only possible inconvenience
is the fact that the Mac runs headless, and I need to fire up a VNC
viewer to go in and restart Squeezeplay each time the DAC is powered up.
Any chance you could make Squeezeplay poll for the current default
output device and follow it, rather than just latching on to it at
startup?  That way I could just leave it running.